Georgia Tech Basketball 2006-2007: <center>Hewitt invites a walk on to try out</center>

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hewitt invites a walk on to try out


With all of the news surrounding the status of our basketball team next season, Paul Hewitt has apparently invited 6-4 guard Ty Anderson (Right side of the picture) to try out for the basketball team this season. Anderson will not be given a scholarship, but was invited to walk on anyway at Tech. He had some interest from several small schools, but has accepted Paul Hewitt's offer to walk on at GT. Anderson is the grandson of Hall Of Fame coach Lefty Driesell. Ty seems like a great kid, and made it certain to everyone that he just wants to help out in any way possible.

"I told the coaches that I see myself as an ambassador for their program," Anderson said. "I just want to make the team better. I'll do anything. I'll show recruits around campus. I'll get up early and watch game film to help the team in practice. I'll help with the scouting reports. I just want to help in any way I can.

"They told me that they want me to come in and be that guy in practice that knows the offense backwards and forwards, someone that knows the fundamentals of the game and someone that will push the guys. I know the things that I'll do won't show up in the stat book. I'm okay with that."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like this kid has planned a future as a coach. Good deal.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds quite a bit like the like kid from the first (?) Arizona championship squad, who I believe actually is currenty an assistant for Lute Olsen.

I'm very excited about this years squad. I suppose its the thought Critt and Thad's ability to push the ball on offense and potentially be defensive terrors on the other end. I saw a comment recently that was something to the effect of: "run and gun and 40 minutes of hell." I know its so wrong to put this much stock into two freshmen, but it somehow seems possible to me. Also, I can't imagine that opposing defenses will be able to account for Morrow as well as they did in the last half of the ACC schedule...he should get a ton of 3's.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger